Most people are struggling with where to stash it all.
If you don't have enough storage space: Find non-traditional places to keep those precious items.
- Under bed storage
- Above kitchen cabinets (if you do not have a soffit)
- Under the couch or similar furniture
- Behind furniture (Think prints and frames behind bookcases)
- Spaces under stairs
- Odd-shaped closets that are awkward to store things in
- In the middle of the room, as a room divider
When you have plenty of space to store things, but you still can't find a thing: Store items by category in separate spaces.
- Pull out all items from all potential storage areas
- Categorize (all luggage together, all gift wrap together, all holiday decor together, all memories together, and so on)
- Once a year or less: deep storage in the basement or attic might work well
- A couple times a year: less deep storage will work: easy access in the basement or the back of a large closet
- Monthly: Within easy reach, like the main closets in the house or under furniture that you can easily get to