I only carry the essentials. Most store reward cards can be looked up at the register by your phone number or email address, so there's no need to carry those. My wallet holds what I need, any given day, at any register around town.
Let's walk through it pocket by pocket. On the card holding side, there are six pockets. From top to bottom, I have:
- Movies. Two movie theater discount cards and a free pass for a third theater. I never know when a movie will strike!
- Random Places. My voter ID card, my library card and a punch card for an ice cream shop. This pocket alone says a lot about me, I think.
- Reward cards. For store that don't seem to ever have my number in their system. Two clothing stores, an electronics store and a housewares store.
- My health insurance card.
- Driving. My AAA and car insurance cards.
- Money. The two credit cards I use regularly and my debit card.