Have a pet that you’re traveling with soon? Here are 6 things to keep in mind when traveling with your pet:
- Book your trip earlier rather than later, especially for plane travel – they limit the number of pets aboard a plane.
- Be sure to give your dog a walk before putting them in a car or on a plane for long periods of time.
- Bring a familiar bone or toy for them to play with so they can be comfortable.
- Have a crate on hand to make transportation a bit easier.
- Bring any necessary health documentations, tags and vaccination records - just in case!
- Make sure they are acclimated to the crate or space they will be traveling in so that they aren’t afraid.